Are you ready to sell your home? Do you have some concerns on how to prepare your home to sell it for what it’s worth? Don’t worry! Our group has developed some realistic ways to help you prepare your home for quick sale!
Preparation is key to ensuring your home is presented for what it’s worth. This will also increase the likelihood of receiving acceptable offers once you list your home.
We have compiled a list of ten ways to effectively prepare your home for quick sale.
1. List your home for the right price. Taking the time to research local real-estate can go a long way in helping you sell your home for what it’s worth. Competitive pricing is important for quick sale. Search for properties similar to yours; look at features, landscape, size, and location.
2. Clean and Declutter. Cleanliness is a big part of making your home appealing to potential buyers. Polishing appliances and faucets, washing the walls and windows, and even hiring a cleaning service are all important steps in presenting your home at its best. Ensure that your rooms and main areas are decluttered. This will help highlight some of your home’s greatest assets. Organize closets and pantries in a way that utilizes the space more effectively.
3. Improve your landscape and curb appeal. First impressions are so important! Especially when working to sell your home. Take the time to make your home warm, welcoming and approachable. Weed the flower beds, touch up peeling paint, add light fixtures, add some colorful flowers to spruce up the landscaping. These are all inexpensive and effective improvements that appeal to potential buyers.
4. Minor repairs. Small and easy repairs will improve the appeal of your home. Patch any holes in the walls. Change out light bulbs. Check for squeaky doors and sticking windows. Ensure your appliances all work correctly. Even the seemingly insignificant things will have an impact on a potential buyer. Don’t ignore outdoor and internal repairs. Check for any weather damage. Heating, cooling, and water should all run correctly. These repairs can increase the value of your home.
5. Paint. A fresh coat of paint can change the entire look of home and even make it look newer. Touch up any areas where paint is peeling. If there are any dramatic colored rooms, consider repainting them neutral colors. This allows buyers to see the potential in the home if they choose to make it their own. This also draws attention to the space and not just the walls.
6. Eliminate odor. A good clean is important in eliminating any bad odors in your home. Open up the doors and windows to allow fresh air to flow through. Do not cook anything with strong and pungent odors before showing. Instead, bake cookies or light a nice candle to make your home more welcoming.
7. Clean the Carpets. Any carpets in your home should be deep cleaned before you put your home on the market. This will help eliminate any smells and improve appearance. Clean carpets also improve the quality of your home to give it that newer look.
8. Set the stage. Prior to showing your home, stage it in an appealing way. Set it up in a way that flows and maximizes the space. Focus on staging the rooms that impress buyers the most; kitchens, livings rooms, bathrooms, and master bedrooms. Take the time to walk through your home as if you were a potential buyer. Does the set-up appeal to you? Does it flow nicely and accent the best qualities of the home? Even have friends and family members walk through and share their feedback.
9. Special Touches. Adding small, but special touches can really add to your home’s appeal. Not only does it seem more welcoming, but it shows the potential of the home to the buyers. Great ways to accomplish this can be done by adding a welcome mat or sign at the front door, add fresh fruit or flowers to kitchen countertops, and even adding accent pillows and blankets to large furniture pieces.
10. Highlight the focal points. Highlight the selling points of your home. If it is the kitchen add some special touches and touch up any appliances or fixtures that need updating. If the selling point is a pool, ensure your pool is clean and properly cared for. Paint and clean the surfaces surrounding the area. Do what you can to appeal to the potential buyers.
These ten ideas are great ways to prepare your home for quick sale. It is easy to overlook minor things when you are living in a home. When working towards a quick sale, take the time to inspect your home and do what you can to add to its value!
If you find yourself facing challenges getting your home sold or want to make sure it sells fast when you list it, our team would love to show you how we can help. Schedule a free listing appointment with us today.